First dream captured with modified NeuroSky MindWave. Anyone familiar with the MindWave knows its design makes sleeping with it on nearly impossible. I took mine apart and remounted the boards, contacts and battery (crudely) in a elastic headband. Now it is possible to sleep with it on.
Thought I’d do the process in bullet form. To be used in conjunction with the attached pics. Unfortunately I didn’t take step by step pics but it is really pretty simple. If I forgot anything feel free to ask.
- Remove all the stickers from the mind wave including the large circular one that says NeuroSky MindWave. They just peel off.
- Unscrew everything
- The blue wires Going to the forehead sensor can be carefully pried out of the sides.
- Gently remove the boards and refer to pics for wiring scheme. These wires/connections are fragile!
- Buy a battery holder or cut away the original one and add wires to be able to mount it in a more comfortable position.
- Adapt or replace the forehead sensor
- Mount into headband as suits your needs.
- Sleep, Dream, Be Amazed